Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday Spot Light

(source)


For our very first Saturday Spot Light, I would very happily like to present you with Linda Hicks owner of CatsPawPottery. She has a ton of beautiful pieces of pottery! Pieces for friends, special occasions, and your own home.


1. Where is your shop located?
 My shop-studio is located in my home. I don't have a retail shop. 

2.How did you get started with esty/pottery?
 I have created pottery since 1992 . It was first a leather brown looking pottery only. It was western in style. That became boring and I started doing white clay with lots of color. 

3.What is your favorite item to make?
I guess that would be my lotus bowls.

 4.Now a bit personal! Tell us something about yourself. 
I am an artist and potter. I received my Art Education degree from the University of Northern Colorado, Greeley Colorado. I began creating these products in 1992. I have participated in Silver Dollar City's Fall Craft Show in Branson, Missouri and Joyce Meyer Ministries, in a Dream Center Christmas for inner city children. My greatest joy is creating these pieces of pottery.(and playing with my granddaughter whom I babysit a few days a week) Also, along with the creating of pottery, for 15 years,since 1992, I have been a professional social worker in the area of child welfare in the state of Kansas. I did adoptions, child abuse investigations, Family Preservation. I have since retired to a more quiet, less stressful state of life. Art and pottery are alot more fun.
(source)

Another awesome tid bit about Miss Linda is that she give you color options, and is willing to try any suggestions on the pieces you want. I highly suggest you go check out her store!

Make sure to leave her some love!!


Have a FANTASTIC Saturday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a beautiful write-up about
    Cats Paw Pottery. I really appreciate it. I just sent a few pieces to the Martha Stewart Show for airing on April 26 at 10 am. She is doing an Etsy show with various artists. I feel honored to be included. Thanks again, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this feature idea! Thanks for sharing!

    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete