Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Gender Reveal Parties

Gender Reveal Parties have definitely picked up in the past few years.

Fun little parties that (generally both parents are a part of, not quite in my case..) throw so that family and friends can share in the moment of finding out the babies gender. In my opinion I think it is a great idea, and tons of fun!

There are little games that can be played:

Oldwives tales yes or no
Tallies
Have your guest wear they color they think the baby will be (pink or blue)


You can select just about any theme you want. I've decided to go with 'Under the Sea' since that will be the nursery theme.

There are several (tons) of sites and blogs that can give you advice.

I really like this one! It almost changed my mind to have a ducky theme!
This blogger threw the party for her sister.
Here you will find a great show case of different themes.

Now most Gender Reveal Parties are hosted at the home, but I find that my apartment wont hold everyone. My parents have offered up their home, which I am very thankful for. At the same time I don't want to be intrusive, or have their dogs get in the way of everyone and everything as well as they live just a little further out that I do.

So the suggestion of having it at a restaurant that I love definitely has sparked my imagination. I'm sure you've heard of Mellow Mushroom, some areas don't have one. Thankfully we are blessed with TWO!! They have gluten free beer (which I can't have for a few more months..), gluten free pizza, and tons of FRESH pizza options.

I'm planning on stopping by the location closest to me to see if it would be a good fit for having the party. There will be a few small decorations, and a few favors.

And of course a cake!!

I have fallen in love with a few ideas already.


I love the multi-color of this one!!
I like the idea of sand..

I love the bubbles and the simplicity of this one!!


(all pictures were found in web searches, I have no owner ship)



2 comments:

  1. That’s an interesting share about the gender reveal party. I am so pleased to have these ideas here. My best friend also hosted a fun rainbow themed bash for her first baby’s gender reveal party. She hosted the event at one of the prettiest party Venues in San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete