Monday, April 1, 2013

Nose Bleeds

Yesterday morning I woke up at 6am on the dot to go pee. Upon laying back down in bed for a few moments of rest I felt like my nose was runny, but different than usual.

Blood.

Since I was border line anemic pre-pregnancy (still am just a little, plus being pregnant you have 50% more blood inside) I know that I have bad nose bleeds. Last time I had one I soaked a shower towel in blood.

We ended up calling the doctor and seeing what was wrong (I had just left the hospital because of a BAD stomach big). They said the best thing to do was to blow my nose.

When the nose bleed happened Sunday morning it almost took a third of a role Of toilette paper and a shower towel for me to stop it.

Not my best morning.

Then driving home from some friends house I managed to disrupt the 'scab'? My nose itched and that set it off. Having limited napkins with me I managed to twist one and press it against where ever the blood was coming from. Thank God when I had finally gotten home it had stopped.

I know this isn't the most exciting post and it's a little gross, but hopefully it's helpful.

Be prepared to see pink when you spit from brushing your teeth 9out of 10times and even blowing your nose can leave you with a bit of red in your tissue.

I am not a doctor but when you do have nose bleeds give the blowing a try instead of the head tilted back.

Hope you have a great Monday!!