Monday, May 13, 2013

Just your friendly trip to the Hospital

I thought about writing about this earlier. But stress and superstition held me back. Ready set here we go...

This is going to be a little bit long...

Since Saturday morning I have barely felt SweetPea move. She has moved just a little, slapping my bladder once in a while, but nothing like pre-Saturday.

Pre-Saturday there wasn't a day she didn't let me know she was there. Constant kicks and punches, as soon as my bladder was remotely in her way she would let me know. Very strong, constant, consistent kicks. Then like a flip of a switch no more movement. Slight, very small, and very rarely could I feel movement. I put off going to the doctor until I talked to Miss OKC. I told her I was terrified, and she told me I needed to go to the doctor right away.

That was all it took.

I cried the entire way to the hospital and had what I like to now call crying contractions. Crying Contractions are what happens when you are trying to be brave, and not cry, but alas every 2-5minutes you are tearing up and sniffling. Can't carry a full sentence with out getting choked up.

The hospital I went to is fantastic. I had my first ultra-sound there. Mercy Hospital in Rogers. I love it because they are a Christian Facility, very swift, very thorough, very kind. They explained everything and were very patient with me. I was so thankful to see a nurse that I used to go to church with, a friendly face! I was able to get in and see a nurse quickly. They took a urine sample, checked my blood pressure, attached a monitors to my belly (one for the babies heartbeat, the other to monitor incase I was having contractions) and even brought me a cup of ice chips.

It did take a little while to see the doctor, but I wasn't too upset about that. Seeing as I had yet to be assigned a doctor, and there was a lady about to pop a baby out any minute. When he came in he confirmed what the nurse had said, that the baby had a healthy happy heart rate. More than likely she had moved into a position that just wasn't as able to feel the kicks as before. With the heart rate monitor we could definitely hear the movements, it was the feeling that wasn't there.

He felt the cervix (which girls, this is soooo uncomfortable, I can't even tell you), said that it is closed like is should be. But she was too high up to feel which body part was down...there? Which is also good.

The testing of my urine informed them that the gestational diabetes looked good, there were no proteins or sugars in it to suggest that my diabetes was bad or worse. Instead it looked very good and healthy.

I was watching the heart beat on the monitor, a few times it scared me. Dipped below 130 went just over 160. As long as the doctor was not worried I was feeling much better. Heck even hearing her move made me feel worlds better. Driving to the hospital I was trying to run through what I would do if the baby wasn't as healthy.

I am so beyond thankful that everything is okay. I really am. I was praying the entire time. As well as so thankful that Miss OKC was supporting me via text, spirit and prayer.

Alright folks, that is all I have. But mommas please please please remember that if you are worried to not procrastinate, call/go to your doctor or the hospital to make sure everything is okay.