Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Abrocombie & Fitch

For some odd reason the poor CEO of A&F is catching a lot of heat for something he said. It may be because he only wants people with 'wash board abs', the cool skinny kids, and skinny beautiful people wearing his clothes. But come on didn't we all already know this? It was an unspoken fact!! I think what made this even worse is that, well two things actually:
1: It actually came out of the CEO's mouth
2: He looks like this...



I'm not one to ever critic some ones appearance, God made everyone beautiful after his own image. Yet somehow we (humans) take plastic surgery to a terrible level and completely alter the beauty that God gave us. It appears that is what happened to this poor man.



See? That pictures is not so bad. Not sure how old it is, but not so bad.

There are so many people doing so many different things to make a statement against A&F. I, for one, have never bought a brand new piece of the clothing since I worked there. That was about four or five years ago and I only worked there for maybe three weeks. In that time I only bought a tank top and a t shirt for my boyfriend at the time. The brand is so expensive, I see no point in buying it in the first place. I did recently buy a very cute cardigan at a thrift-shop for the blind, it was... $3 brand new. That (I believe) is the only thing in my closet (if there is another article it's because I bought it at a thrift shop).

Personally, I can't stand how they plaster the symbol 'A&F' all over the shirts, that is just NOT CUTE. Not to mention you're paying an absurd amount of money for a plain cotton t shirt with some screen pressed letters that wasn't even made in the U.S.A . Really? Just cuz you have money don't mean you need to waste money. Oops, I get ghetto when I get angry.

So this man, this brilliant kind of amazing, and thoughtful man had this brilliant idea.
He is purchasing A&F clothing at thrift shops and GIVING them to the homeless. I was infuriated to learn that this company BURNS their damaged clothing instead of DONATING it to the homeless, or womens shelters or anywhere!!!

 
(learn a little more at youtube and huffington post)

Will I ever purchase their clothes new in my life? No, absolutely not.

Granted I was never stick thin in my prime pre-preggers, I was a decent 3to5 in pants and Small to Medium in shirts. But if I ever walked into an A&F, besides being bombarded by the beyond over-powering perfume, I would feel very fat.


       versus     
(picture via bing, AF models)

 




Me, barely pregnant. Sadly this is the only one I was able to access.   :(

I was not tiny, nor was I over weight. But I did not fit into the 0 or 00 pants. I was not stick thin like most of the models. Yes I have admitted to having an eating disorder (that I am not blaming AF for!), but the fact that that store does not even have a mind set for women with bigger hips or boobs can be very detrimental to girls who do have severe body image issues.

I believe in health and wellness over all. Being active, but not being something you aren't. Every one, men (suffer with the same issues as women do) and women need to be comfortable in their own skin. Not told that because they have big hips and don't fit into a size 2 they are fat and don't belong.

 I hope you can form your own opinion on this, preferably an opinion to boycott, but none the less your own.

((Learn more about the interview here. ))


(All photos were screen-shotted on my phone using a bing search)