Thursday, May 23, 2013

SweetPeas Registry



This is going to seem a bit complicated at first, but really this way makes it easier for all of us. I have decided to do a registry on Pinterest. I am on a tight budget, just like I know all of you are. Not to mention, I would rather be as local (for all areas), as low impact to the environment and as budget friendly as possible. Here are a few very important things to keep in mind:



**First and foremost, if you would rather send money so that I can personally pick out things for it to go to(fabric, yarn, diapers, buttons, jars, ect.) please feel free to just send some. This is also the most helpful way. Contact me for my address if you don't already have it. (I HAVE MOVED) Trust me, you will get a very cute thank you card describing exactly what you bought as well as pictures posted to this blog.**

*Things will be deleted or marked through when they have been purchased, you can leave a comment on the pin, on here or contact me so it's not double purchased.

*There are a few things that I am not really able to just pin:

*Fabric: When it comes to the fabric I have pinned, this is really just a guideline. Sort of showing you my style. If you can find some cute fabric similar in your area, especially at thrift shops/yard sales, please please go ahead and purchase it there. Even cute thrifted sheets, fabric napkins, bed-skirts are perfect! Anywhere from half of a yard to a yard plus, is fantastic!

*Wicker Baskets: I need quite a lot of these. For her nursery organization and baby bath items organization. Preferably square and rectangle with side handles, not Easter Basket handles.

*Crib Bumpers: I need only 3. If you can find these at a thrift shop PERFECT. I will be recovering and making most of my own bedding. I don't care what they look like when I receive them. :)

*Bath Toys: Several stores (mom&pops or target and walmart) have tons of cute bath toys. So do lots of thrift shops. The better the condition the happier I will be, but none the less all toys new and used will be sanitized.

*Clothes: I have pinned a few ideas of things I like, my style. Thrift shops are SOOOO much cheaper than stores. Go crazy here because I know you all will. ;) But remember she is going to grow fast and will be born in August. I do need winter clothes!! So don't fall in love with summer clothes unless they are 6mo+.

*Fishing Line: I just need ONE spool. It will be used for the baby mobile.

*Fabric Scissors: Hey, I'm not smart enough to own a set of these yet but REALLY need them.

*Buttons: Several of the things I'm making for little SweetPea need buttons, if you have a collection you want rid of or can find some cute ones at thrift shops, send 'em my way!! (I mostly need larger buttons.)

*Cloth Diapers: I need these like a foodie needs cakes. ;) As stated in the pin I can get some really good deals on these with co-ops I'm involved in, so sending money is fantastic or finding cheap cute ones on ebay is just as good.
                     UPDATE: If you would like to contribute to my Cloth Diaper Fund, let me know. There are SEVERAL great co-op deals right now.

*Glass Jars: As fore mentioned I do need glass jars. In the 4oz family is perfect! I will be using them to store milk. So yes I do also need lids!

*Ribbon: I need oh just lots of spools of ribbon. Again surprise me, but I have pinned a few styles I like.

*Pinterest Registration: This has a lotta stuffs! You're also going to see a few tutorials, I'm probably going to take these off soon as I just need the 'ingredients' for them, which will be pinned as well.

The Nursery (and my house) is very bohemian. My definition of bohemian is vintage, almost hippy-ish, lots of patterns, light colors. If you aren't positive, just pinterest it and you'll see what I'm talking about.


I will be updating this frequently! So please make sure to check back consistently. If you would rather I didn't post what you have given me, then just let me know. Or I will give you a cute nick-name and you'll see tons of pictures of what you 'gave' SweetPea.


((UPDATE: I have a TON of receiving blankets. Please do not send me any more unless they were already free to you, either donate them to the tornado victims, a local foster home/orphanage, or a better yet a family in need {contact local churches for info on them} ))

No comments:

Post a Comment