Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Unknown Exhaustion and Pain Relief

Last night I went to a prayer meeting with some girlfriends at a fantastic local coffee shop! But about half an hour into our get together little miss SweetPea would not stop pushing up on part of my ribs. I was pushing and prodding back to no avail. New mommas let me tell you, that is very almost painfully uncomfortable. My biggest fear (because I know a woman this happened to) is that she may brake or crack one of my ribs.
 I stayed as long as I could and really really enjoyed the prayer meeting! Can't wait to have another. :)
When I got home I laid on my side on the living room couch. Pillow between the legs (this is a trick you will come to love, I had to start this early on in the pregnancy. It's great for relieving pressure on the lower back.) It took a while before the pain wore off, so long in fact that I fell asleep on the couch without realizing it. I was out for about 2hours. Not going to lie, I was slightly annoyed, there is a lot of stuff I needed to get done last night. It will have to happen this morning, not too big of a deal but still.

Mommys-to-be remember you have a lot to get done. A LOT. But do not over extend yourself. It's something I tend to do, but please remember to get enough rest. Hey if possible sleep at every chance you get sneak in some Z's. Getting as much as you can now is going to slightly relieve the pain of the future when you will be woken up at 2am with cries instead of having to pee.

Sneaking in some Z's, even during the day, pays off on the long run. Losing a few hours will help you have the energy and smiles for later. This goes especially for single-mommies, but of course it goes for all mommies.

No comments:

Post a Comment