Friday, July 5, 2013

Fourth of July

Did you guys have fun? Find a good show of fireworks or did you have your own show at home??

My day wasn't too exciting really! I finished two headbands and a scarf as well as did a little bit of cleaning. After that I spent most of the day with my parents at there house! Sadly, my mom and I got into several fights through-out the day. I love her, and I love when we get along, but every now and then we fight. Easily and a lot. There are a ton of ways, especially natural, that I try to help her with
her allergies and menopause, but I don't thing she is ready to try them. Which frustrates me even more. We love each other though, and at the end of the day, once we calm down things are always okay.
My attempt at getting the belly in the picture didn't work to well!! :(
As much as I do love her, I've decided we're going to have to have a conversation about discretion. It makes me so happy that she is excited for her granddaughter, but I don't want everyone knowing my "due" date. Also, it is very visible that I am pregnant, the world doesn't need it pointed out to them. Really these aren't big issues, and it makes me feel so much better that she is excited to have a granddaughter. It is such a huge help to have support from family.
The scarf and headband I made!
After bathing suit shopping for mom, and grabbing some groceries for lunch, we headed to the lake for a little while. I didn't actually get in, but it was nice to sit and put my feet in the cool water. I am not a huge fan of the lakes and over sized ponds available for swimming in North West Arkansas. They are very dirty, you really can't see the bottom, lots of trash/broken bottles, and we've even had a few dead bodies. Don't get me wrong, I have swam in the lakes and probably will, I just can't wait to get them a little cleaner.

We weren't at the lake for two long, about half an hour or so before the boats battery died. It was nice dangling my feet in the water, reading a birth book, and making friends with a pretty blue dragonfly! It kept landing on my left foot, right above my tattoo.

Family finally showed up much later than planned. It was really nice to see them! Since they live in Texas we don't really have a chance to see each other much. Everyone went back out on the pontoon, but I decided to head home. I was tired, it was hot, and I didn't feel like being splashed by the younger kids. Instead I went to watch fireworks with my friends.

That was pretty entertaining. The park ended up being so much more packed than I thought it would be, roads blocked off, parking lots as packed as they could get!! I ended up parking a little ways away and walking to the park, it was some nice exercise. Finding my friends was also a very interesting task!! But since I walked into the park from a different side, I ended up getting a great view of the fire works show! Even though I didn't find everyone until the show was over. But like I said, I had a great view so I wasn't upset at all. Not to mention It was my own fault for not arriving earlier!!

After the fireworks a few of the group played Frisbee! It looked like fun, making me really miss it! It was nice to sit and catch up with a few girls who weren't playing.


Overall, my Fourth of July really wasn't all that exciting. I have however decided that next year SweetPea and I will probably stay home for all the fireworks! Maybe try to see if there are any on tv. I would rather not damage her hearing at such a young age!!

How was your Fourth? Anything exciting happen or was it pretty bland like mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment