Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Unexpected Twins

I think this is every pregnant womans biggest fear: going into labor only to find out that you are giving birth to two babies.

That happened yesterday. I went in for my weekly doctors appointment and ended up waiting...oh about two hours and only saw my doctor for an actual...15-20 minutes. The reason he was so behind with his appointment ended up being because he had had two births at lunch. One was unexpected twins. Mommy didn't know, Ultrasound tech didn't know.. no one knew. That is pretty darn scary. I even asked him, was she a bigger girl? -No, she was smaller. And she gave birth to over ten pounds of baby because one of them was 7pounds.
So for the rest of the day yesterday I couldn't help having terrible day dreams about giving birth to twins. oh. dear.

Other than all that the appointment went well. I've been having a tooth bother me so the doctor wrote me a prescription for some anti-biotics (I asked to make sure they wouldn't affect my colostrum/breast milk and he said they would not). He checked me and informed me that I am about a centimeter dilated, which means I have had a few contractions and I'm write on track.

Next week is the big week, count down to D-Day.

Whenever she is ready is when she will make her appearance. Let me know you though, I am so very excited. I can't wait to meet her and selfishly, I can not wait to have my body back and be able to work out! It's going to be beyond exciting to finally hold her in my arms!!

No comments:

Post a Comment