Wednesday, July 31, 2013

August Birthdays

 August is like a month long holiday: constant cake.

It honestly feels like my entire family is born in August. Really it's about 80% of them, with the addition of my daughter soon. It's a little bit stressful. Oh did I mention I also have several friends whose birthday also happens to be in August? Because I do. There are maybe 8 days where no one is born in August. Not counting my daughter because really she can show up whenever she wants. Which from my consistent contractions, will be soon.

Anyways my moms birthday is tomorrow. She leads the August Birthday Army. My mom along with a good friend, Krum, share a birthday. Which is no biggy really. But then the manager of the storage unit I work part time asks if I can work a full day tomorrow. hmmm.... Like any good daughter, I call my mom to see what her birthday plans are. To my luck, and disappointment, she will be working a morning shift at the salon. Then she is wanting to spend the rest of the day out on the boat she and my step dad own. *face-palm*

I'm really not surprised that woman absolutely loves the lake. Which is were my guilt comes in. I hate the lake. Pretty much all of them, in Arkansas anyways. Sadly our lakes are disgusting. I'm sure I've mentioned this a time or two. They are so polluted and trashed up and have had more than 8dead bodies in them at one time (that we almost know about). I just...I really don't trust them. And I hate to say that but I really don't.

And I really don't want my daughter swimming in them. :( pathetic I know. But I grew up on lake Tahoe in California. That thing was clear! And so blue! You can see the bottom so much easier and it was so kept up so much better. I suppose you could say I'm a bit spoiled to it!

So even though it is my moms birthday, and I wish I could make it better for her, I won't be joining her at the lake. Instead I will work a morning shift, stop by my home to pick up all the milk I have for her as well as a few other things (flip flops really). I know "what a great daughter! 'You're giving her milk?! What are you thinking!?" I'm thinking she can freeze the milk, as I have done, and she won't have to worry about buying it for a while.

As much as I would love to make her happy by going to the lake to swim with her, as well as be able to get her several gifts, it just won't work. The swimming will make me grumpy (my suit no longer fits, the one I bought while pregnant) and the gifts aren't in the budget at the moment. I plan on seriously spoiling her before Christmas though.

I am happy, excited to spend some time with her once I get off work, when everyone comes to shore to eat! Even though we have a rocky relationship I love her to death. I know she knows that I love her, but I hope she really really knows. Even though I won't be going swimming with her or spoiling her with gifts. In fact when they go to go back out on the boat I will head out to stop by and say hello to my friend Krum at his birthday party; where I will also NOT swim. Even though it is at a private pool.

Starting August off with a bang folks! haha oh dear lol

No comments:

Post a Comment