Friday, August 2, 2013

Momma's Birthday

Yesterday was a good time. I am so glad that several people came out to support her birthday! On the other hand I am very disappointed with some of her 'close/best/dear' friends who flaked out.

If you don't plan on ACTUALLY showing up somewhere don't say you WILL be there, then come up with a random out of the blue excuse to not show up. At least say you will try, then if you really can't make it you call, don't make the birthday girl call you.



Well anyways like I foretold, we did go out to the lake! I even managed to obtain some tan lines!!! Wooo-Hooo. It's really funny to see how my tummy didn't get an even sunning!

I did not get in to the water, although I probably should have because I know I got very hot.






 
 
 
Drinking about 5bottles of water wasn't even enough, so I was beyond happy when we headed back to land!! I high-tailed it back to my parents house, so happy I drove my own car. After soaking a washcloth in cold water and washing my face, I filled a glass up with water and since my parents had no ice, I used popsicles!!
 
 


 
If you can't tell, that is actually a question mark! My step-dad bought it instead of actual numbers. Does anyone else find it annoying when adult (especially women) don't own up to their age? In my opinion you should be proud of the X amount of years you've been blessed with.


After grilling and cheesecake the birthday-grama went back out to go swimming with a few of her friends. I was getting ready to head out to go to my friends birthday get together when I got sucked into conversation with my step-dad. We were the only two who stayed back. While I did feel really bad about not showing up to his get together it was nice to catch up with my step dad and find out that on some family issues we are on the same page.


Over all I'm pretty positive that she had a good time. That is what counts right??

No comments:

Post a Comment