Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Almost There

best birth announcement ever
I can barely concentrate today, and I feel terrible because I am sure that I am not making the best of sense when talking to tenants...or anyone for that matter. If you're a man you may want to stop reading now. Just a caring heads up. Yesterday after noon my mucus plug came out. I can not explain how excited I was/am. When you are pregnant and on that verge of giving birth you will understand. I honestly got to the point where I was worried I had missed it. Trust me, you won't miss it. Most of it (I think) came out yesterday, a little more has came out today as well.
A few hours after the mucus plug first came out did I really start feeling real contractions. Now ladies, I was so worried I wouldn't notice when the plug came out. Trust me you know. It is brownish/pink/slightly grey. It's like the regular discharge you have, but much more.

Anyways the contractions are like severe menstrual cramps, at least mine are. They say that it is different for every woman, I'm sure it is. Mine come in waves. THey will start slow and small and they build up, until it is a severe pain. I can feel my heart as it beats and pumps blood through my body. Right now, at the Storage Buildings, I just consintrate on this little dot on the ceiling right next to the ceiling fan. I look at it, calm my breathing down to slow deep breaths. Sometimes, trying to sit back in my chair so I can relax maximizes the pain.

As painful as the contractions are, I'm almost sad when they are gone. They're almost comforting. Scary and comforting. Scary because now this will be over, the being able to protect her while she is still inside me. But comforting because I will have my body back, I will get to hold my daughter in my arms, and finally be able to meet her. Be able to see her personality, not just feel it as she kicks and jabs me on the inside.

I can definitely tell that there is a bit of an adreniline rush and that I will (hopefully)sleep very very well tonight. Because boy am I tired.

I really can't concentrate anymore and thank God for word check cuz I can't spell right now either!!

Hope you have a great Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment