Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Baby Box




It's exactly like it sounds. It's just a box you put your baby in! Just kidding!!!

While I was looking at ideas on organizing the nursery I ran across this little gem: organizing paperwork. It was one of those moments where you slap your hand against your head, like 'really? All my life I've been trying to organize my own paperwork, and the answer is so simple!!"

So I went ahead and made one for SweetPea since getting started on organizing all of her paperwork now will be so much easier than waiting for it be to lost everywhere like mine is. I do plan on making one for myself, but it will be much smaller since I'm past the growing up stage!





What You Need:
 Sadly I ended up not using the hanging file folders because the regular ones happened to be on hand already. For the next child I will definitely use hanging folders! For myself I'll use something along these lines:





Actually exactly like this. (If you know me, you know I love peacocks!!) It is just a simple expanding file folder.


The Categories/Files I Labeled:
  1. Baby Info
  2. Health Records
  3. Documents & Certificates
  4. Age 0-3
  5. Age 4-5
  6. Kindergarten
  7. First Grade
  8. Second Grade
  9. Third Grade
  10. Fourth Grade
  11. Fifth Grade
  12. Sixth Grade
  13. Seventh Grade
  14. Eighth Grade
  15. Ninth Grade
  16. Tenth Grade
  17. Eleventh Grade
  18. Twelfth Grade
  19. Church
  20. Sports
  21. Talents
  22. Portraits
  23. Scouts
And of course there are two more that I can't remember and I lost my list (not at home while writing this). So over all I used 25 files. 





I was going to make a file for cards and letters, but knowing my family they would fill the entire box! Instead I'm going make a custom, smaller chest for all of her cards and letters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment