Thursday, January 2, 2014

A quick New Years Recap


I love glitter.
I love sparkles.
& I really wish that my New Years had had more of it. Well any of it really! Hopefully next year will have some shine {and a few holidays in between}. Either way I really did have fun New Years Eve!

Okay, I didn't look that good at the end of night but that is how I looked at midnight.
This beautiful gal was able to land us tickets to the Crystal Bridges night of fun. Besides some tasty food, a {great} pear cocktail, and what could have been lots of free drinks, there were not many people. More older than younger actually. And it was very awkward when grannies started grinding. Not to mention my feet were killing me from my high heels. We went down to get our coats, ran across some fun items for the Crystal Bridge attendees.

See that? It's not part of a car, a UFO or a flash light. It is a fun lighted barrette Miss Barr and I made.
Look close you can barely see the outline of her smiling face. We ran home just before eleven, I threw on jeans and favorite sweater {pictured above}and some tenni-shoes. Let me tell you, the shoes were a beautiful choice!! Then we quickly headed to Dickson, where I saw so many fantastic people I hadn't seen for a year.
The two guys on the right were my favorite strangers that night, I never said a word and only gazed upon them for a meager 10minutes. Why were they my favorite? Because of the beards, the hair, and the casual confidence.
The night was really fun, tons of laughter.
 
Ohmygosh did I miss this kid New Years Night!
I ended up staying awake 24hours. Once Miss Barr and I got home at 4AM, I crashed into bed only to wake up at 10AM, missing LittleMiss like crazy. I laid in bed a few moments trying to decide if I wanted to actually get dressed or throw on a pair of shorts. The shorts won out. It was fantastic to see her smile as I walked in the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment