Friday, January 3, 2014

I can only imagine

What it's like to have your baby daddy around. 
Too gangster? 
Sorry how about, I can only imagine what it's like to be a part of a two parent household. 
Honestly though this is something I thought about yesterday while carrying LittleMiss up the stairs of my short terrm home. Something beautiful, perhaps? With small sprinkles of stress? Imaging such a scenario isn't hard to do, it's in all the movies, and tv shows. But what is it like in real life?
I know some fantastic married couples with children, and most are role models of what I would like my marriage to look like. But that's not something I grew up with. 

Sadly my parents seperated and divorced while I was young, before two is what I gather from the pictures. My dad's girlfriends never really liked me for long. My mom didn't have a lot of good or long term boyfriends until my step dad came along, but at first that was even rocky. 

I've been told many a time that 'at least I didn't have to fight over a name, or what the nursery would be like.' True all very true, but should I be lucky enough to find a man who  (first) loves God, my daughter and my self I will love every minute of fighting over our child's name(should we have any). But I won't tell him that ;)

I'm not wanting pitty, or words of encouragement. I just wanted to share my thoughts. I know perfectly well one day God will send someone for LittleMiss and I. 

1 comment:

  1. Rin; even though you were not living with your Mom or Dad all the time you were still SO LOVED by them. I know when it was only You and I, everything was so much better (except when you had to go to work with me when you got older. But it was still fun for you at times). Then when R.P. was there more it was not so much fun, ( just like now). I won't even talk about the guy that made me look so old so fast. I found out after raising UJ on my own how much easier it was than with the OLD MAN there (or there and away again) with Mom & UG. Don't think about "if I only", Be glad YOU are able to do all the things You are Doing for YOU and LITTLE MISS !!! It is difficult at times !!! That just makes the easier times more appreciated !!! I Love you Gals so much and hate to see you hurting. GE

    ReplyDelete