Thursday, January 23, 2014

Gettin Serious about Health

Since I'm looking at working full time and returning to school, I have to get very seriously into the habit of cleaning right after doing whatever and eating healthy. I don't want to turn into a balloon. :(
Not just for my health reasons are those things important to me (food, not cleaning I'm not that messy :/ ), but also for LittleMiss. I may have mentioned this in prior post, but when I brace very stressed my breast milk supply dropped tremendously. Then I was blessed with a job that allowed me to have LittleMiss with me. My stocked supply has become nonexistent, very stressful. But I'm working on controlling that stress so it doesn't affect my building up a supply. 

That is just over an ounce. Pumped from only one side, while LittleMiss was nursing the other side. slightly disheartening. When my supply first came in it was ridiculously excessive. 

Before giving birth to LittleMiss I did tons of research on breast milk so that I wouldn't have to be so in the dark later on, and I'm glad I did. Yesterday I asked a few moms for their tips and tricks so I would hear real stories from local ladies. It's common sense that I need to eat, but because I battle anorexia, it's also something that I easily forget. 

Nursing mothers need 500more calories in their diet. 

Healthy calories tend to be best. 

Nursing mothers need to drink water like it's going out of style. 

When you are dehydrated, your baby is dehydrated. 

Coconut oil can help fatten your Breastmilk up. 

So while at work this morning I had one of our 'everything' bagels (has poppy seeds and other seeds on top) with a bit of coconut oil instead of butter and just a few dashes of cinnamon. It was tasty :)

Upon returning home I made a cup of nursing tea, with a tablespoon of Brewers Yeast. Then I made this deliciousness. 
Grapefruit and oatmeal :)

Oatmeal helps nursing mother produce milk. 

((So get ready for a whole lotta oatmeal recipes.))

I cut the grapefruit in half, broiling one side with just a bit of brown sugar on top. 

The other half I went ahead and put the raw meat in to my oatmeal with about a fourth of a teaspoon of agave syrup. 
 
Because I need the calories I used 2% milk. Coconut milk is my favorite, or goats milk, or raw cows milk. You can use what ever you want. :)
I would have rather had stevia or raw sugar but oh well!

Once the broiled side of the grapefruit was finished being cooked I scraped the warm meat into the bowl as well. 

It was tasty!! But then again I love grapefruit anyways :)

Even LittleMiss was eyeing my breakfast. 

Do you have any favorite oatmeal recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment