Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Come Little Children, Let Me introduce you to Aldis

Hopefully you have an Aldis in your area, or maybe you can find the fantastic equivalent of one. 
Sadly I have been relatively unable to buy groceries for a little while. Little time and even littler money. Now that I am receiving child support I was able to go to the grocer, and starting tomorrow I'll be working out again. Id like to think that most if the New Years resolution folks will be gone. Here's to hoping I'm right ;)
Anyways, I had been hearing rumors that Aldis had started carrying a few organic items, so I was truly hoping that they would still have a few when I went today. While there wasn't a lot, there was quite a lot more than I expected!! Not only are they carrying organic fruits and veggies, they also have organic snacks and sauces. 
(I didn't think to take any pictures at the store, I was attempting to keep LittleMiss entertained.)
Avocados.                   Asparagus
Green beans.              Edemame
Grapefruit (.29¢).        Hummus
Lime.                            Broccoli
Celery                          Mango
Baby Potobellos.        Sweet peppers
Lettuse.                       Lunch turkey

Zucchini.                         Carrots
Squash.              Organic baby carrots
Organic honey.            Radishes 
Organic agave.          Green peppers
Kamalative olives.       Roma Tomatoes
Kiwi.                            Strawberries 
Red pepper humus
Organic bananas (.69¢ I think)
(Huge) red potatoes (.99¢)
Navel Oranges
Gala apples ($2.99)
Pears
Organic spinach ($2.49)


For all if that I paid just over $80, tax included. So many beautiful colors, so fresh and crunchy and tasty. To be honest almost all of this will become food for LittleMiss, a good portion will be blended to be her solids and the rest of it I will eat and turn into milk ;)

Aldis doesn't price match or accept coupons; yes sometimes you can find almost the same product at another store for a bit cheaper but that's rare. 

(Oh, please pay no mind to the mess in the back of the pictures)
I didn't see any gluten free products, aside from the hummus and veggies, but maybe if there is a big enough request they will start carrying that as well. 

Any good deals that you've found and loved?

No comments:

Post a Comment