Wednesday, January 29, 2014

'I work out!'

Hopefully that song is stuck in your head ;)

Like I mentioned in my previous post, I had a fantastic hippy time Sunday hiking with LittleMiss and Miss Barr, which inspired me to really get going with getting back in the gym. :)

Our hike was four miles of ups and down, twist and turns. Thank God no wild animals wanted to join us :) I honestly was worried we would meet a mountain loin or a bear or snake. The only wild life we ran into: an armadillo {aka living road kill ;) 
I'm hoping to go every Sunday, because I'm a little bit too chicken to go alone, I really really hope I can convince someone to come with me when Miss Barr is unavailable. :( 
The hike really reawakened my love of working out :) the soreness of my muscles, the deep breaths of air that expanded my lungs and the sense of joy was superb. Not to mention the scenery was beautiful. :) 
So Monday I very happily went to the gym to do cardio. I love cardio :)
This a picture after my hour of treadmill(running intervals) and stearmaster. I was much sweatier than I look! 

As you can tell from today's apparel, I don't care what I look like AT the gym because I am there to feel better about myself.

 Last year I actually worked for a gym, so it became even more of a pet peeve to see all the girls come in looking for a husband (cutesy work out clothes, make-up, nails and hair done). I have yet to know what my weight is, and I'm not really worried about it. Life isn't about that number on the scale, it's about how you feel. 

Do you feel healthy?
Do you feel confident?
Do you feel happy?

I care more about how my clothes feel than what the scale says. Besides, muscle ways more than fat. True story, remember it. I'm very thankful that working out is also bringing my appetite (for healthy foods) back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment