Thursday, July 16, 2015

Little Rock, oh, Little Rock {pt1}

I had a great weekend in Little Rock.
It was better than I expected, even though I wasn't sure what to expect. As it always does with TheBeardedWonder, time flew by. The drive to was fun (he fell asleep, so I jammed out. DriverSeat dancing... Singing Solos...), the sights were great even though we only saw a small portion. 

While Little Rock has very dangerous areas, and is very hood, everyone was truly nice, as well as friendly.



Once we arrived our, Saturday started with doing some rep/promo work for pink House Alchemy for a local goods-market.

The little store area we were in was the cutest. 

There were several other vendors there as well. From what I understood, everyone there was being carried in the green corner store: 

homemade/handmade wooden pens, beer, jewelry, screen print shirts, as well as a few other little local artisans. 
 The little shop was fantastic when I did a short walk through.

The little store shares its space with an ice-cream shop (which offers Vegan/Vegetarian options). The Green a Corner Shop itself great! It offers healthy cookbooks, glass water bottles, home accessories and pink House Alchemy syrups. 


While I am only associated with pink House Alchemy because of TheBeardedWonder, it is a company I am tremendously excited about as well as for. They create simple syrups, shrubs, and bitters locally in Northwest Arkansas while using as much local produce as possible. I am a huge fan of supporting local businesses, farms and shops. All of the beautiful creations I've been lucky enough to try have tasted fantastic!! 

The syrups and shrubs are perfect for alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, coffee, ice-cream and baking. What makes them even better is that the company does not use artificial dyes or preservatives. We sold more than I expected, and fun meeting so many different people. 
Do you see his necklace? It was a great conversation starter because it is so similar to my foot tattoo. It turns out he is an engineer, building small eco-friendly houses. He and his girlfriend were incredibly sweet. 

There were even performers outside! 

It was fun watching everything, and the singing was great. 

After all the fun was over we packed up and headed to our hotel (which is going to be receiving a bad review...). While TheBeardedWonder attempted to find a supermarket to grab some toiletries due to the lack of any in our room, I worked on completing the last bit of my summer university course work. 

He ended up getting lost, and we decided we would survive and left for dinner. Our dinner and drinks were fantastic, after dessert we met up with a tremendously sweet couple that had been long time friends of TheBeardedWonder. As the night was winding down, we returned to the hotel and had more laughs than we should have at the show "Chopped". As well as how 'blind' I am. 

Sunday was full of fun as well. We started the morning by coming across this fantastic mural!




I love the above photo for the simple fact that the individual two poses were completely unintentional.


On the way to breakfast we stopped by the farmers market. 
The Farmers Market was absolutely beautiful. I loved how bright it was! The gentlemen in the photo above made some of the best hummus I have had in a while!

I can't express how thankful I am that I was able to go on a little road trip adventure with TheBeardedWonder. He was absolutely the best with his patience for everything I wanted to take a picture of. Not to mention my spur-of-the-moment ideas. Even though it was a short trip, and there were a few things we weren't able to do, it was fun and full of laughter. We grew closer and made a few memories. 

We  plan on making another trip down to Little Rock, and would love to hear a few more ideas for places to go or things to see. Have you been to Little Rock? What did you do? What did you love and hate?
























No comments:

Post a Comment