Sunday, June 17, 2012

Surrounded by Flowers

Lots of flowers. Very beautiful flowers.
Not the ones you would associate with a funeral either. Because, as it were, those are NOT the flowers my grandmother would want.
She was a beautiful woman. 'Who saw every wild flower as if there had never been one before' (part of her eulogy, written by my aunt.) It's interesting how true that statement is. She loved flowers.




There are so many beautiful flowers. And while it still hurts that she is gone, the wounds are healing, and I can start to see all the flowers. The ones she loved. And the birds. The ones she loved to sit and watch. There is not a single bad word anyone can say about my grandmother. If they try there will be more than one person to shut them up...with plenty of good things.



I have so many many pictures to post and it's only sunday. Not to mention there are tons that I am sure will be posted to facebook.


So it has been a very very bitter sweet weekend.

I have a few more things to post about but for now I'll leave you with a few pretty pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment