Thursday, May 2, 2013

Smoothie or Perfectly Melted Icecream?

Breakfast began calling my name this morning. My cabinets are a bit under stocked, a grocery trip is being planned. I need to make my two to four week menu plan and write out the grocery list that is going to be needed.

Anyways! Sorry I ramble so much, one of my pregnancy side effects.

I decided on a shake. My blender had a perfectly different thought.

Ice cream.

 
 
It blended perfectly into the perfectly slightly melted, or straight after you get home from the grocery store and have a yummy bowl full.... mmm...
 
 
 

What is great is that this only took a few minutes to make. Maybe five at the most. I even had left overs!



So tasty. The mix didn't melt fast like I thought it would, seeing as most shakes melt pretty quick. I guess eating it kinda fast helps also. ;)

In case you are wanting a quick, delicious on the go shake/breakfast or use it for what ever you want, please try this. So simple.

Ingredients:

1frozen banana
1+ cup of blueberries
1+cup of raspberries
roughly 2/3cups of low fat milk


How to:

I put the banana in first, it was originally cut in half before freezing which makes blending a bit easier. Dropped the raspberries and then the blueberries in. I went light on the milk to start, then added it as needed.
Keep in mind, I have a Ninja blender. I have had regular blenders of all different kinds. All blenders do not blend the same. Please keep that fact in mind when you blend, your consistency can be different than mine. The amount of milk used can also alter the consistency.




 (this is NOT an indorsing post)