Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Birth Photography


http://nurturingpassagedoula.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/IMG_1400.jpg
{Source}


Mommies, I have fallen in love with birth photography!

At first I was very unsure about such a photo shoot, but the more I thought about it the more I loved it. To be able to capture those moments where your little one enters the world. The look of empowerment, confidence, and love that first crosses the mothers face. As well as the love of the family and friends that came to support such an event. Even the doctors/midwifes and nurses who helped to bring such a beautiful little one into this world.

I have always loved photography! But at this moment in my life I will NOT be able to be the one behind the camera. Yet these are moments I do not want to miss. Moments that I know my daughter will love to see as she grows; pictures of her very first birthday.






Of course there are certain pictures I do not want taken of certain angles, but over all I want this. Sadly I have had two photographers volunteer their services, only to be very hard to get in touch with. So I have decided to take matters into my own hands.

Why not? This is my birth, why can't I, for the most part, have what I want??

With all of that in mind I took my search to Craigslist. As you know I am on a tight budget so I began looking for those budding photographers, the photographers trying to get a portfolio built up.
birth photography
{Source}

REMEMBER this moms:  this is a great way to get a service you WANT with out having to pay an arm and a leg.

There were several postings for such photographers, even one that is working toward being a midwife, I saw several portfolios that I liked and contacted them. A few have replied so now I am going through the process of deciding which one best suits my needs. I'll keep you updated on that!


{Source}

No comments:

Post a Comment