Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Free Tuesdays: Homemade Peanut Butter

I made this a few weeks ago and it was delicious!!! Better than any store bought peanut butter I have ever had. It was airy, slightly crunchy but still so smooth.
What is great about this recipe is that you can use any nut type you want! Next I'll be trying with almonds and pistachios. For some reason ever since I saw the move "Gamer" I have wanted to try pistachio butter!! haha I will let you know how it goes!







So what you will need:
  • Empty Jar
  • About a pound plus of your nut of choice
  • Blender
  • Spatula
(Again, because I have a Ninja my time might be a little faster than a regular blender.)

So start by putting all of your peanuts in the blender and start pulsing them. Pulse for several minutes until the nuts begin to look like a flour or meal. Take your spatula after every few minutes scrapping down the sides of the blender.

It's really exciting watching as the peanut "flour" begins to look like real peanut butter!! The entire process should take any where from 5to10minutes. If you want to add a little sweetener you can buy the honey roasted peanuts or add honey!


Please try this and let me know what you think!

 I am a huge fan of Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter. It's pretty much as close to natural as you get from making your own! Literally the only two ingredients are Peanuts and Salt. As much as I love the Smuckers Peanut Butter, the homemade is so much more fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment