Wednesday, July 24, 2013

How to Remove an EvenFlo Canopy!

Sadly this tasks took me way to long to complete. Because I had such an annoying time trying to figure out and find information on how to do this I wanted to make sure that you had a much easier time than I did!!

{Before}



First you're going to want to start off with getting a butter knife, or screwdriver but a butter knife worked perfect for me. Pick one side that the canopy connects to the car seat and slide your knife between the piece that hold the canopy on(black part) and the car seat (grey part).

This is going to take some will power.
I was scared to death I was going to break everything! But all you have to do is separate the two pieces. Don't worry you won't break your knife or the car seat!!


This is the gadget that is going to pop out! The answer to all our problems and frustrations!!



One you have the pieces separated, you'll need to take your butter knife and slip it between the white and black parts pictured above. Then slide the white support bar out! Once the bar is out you can easily slide the existing canopy off and slide your canopy on! Slide the white support bar back inside the black connector, place that were it previously was and pop the little triangle part back in it's slot!


Voila!!! You have done it!!



{After}


I was so thankful to receive this little gem of a car seat cover at the baby shower!! It is so cute, let's people know that the baby inside is a girl! Not to mention I like that it's personalized, not many people in my area are going to have a cover like this. If you missed registering for one you can find some very cute car seat covers online for sale like facebook, craigslist, ebay or amazon! There are some very cute ones for girls or boys!

If you really love the look of the one I received by all means go get one! The five piece set is at a really good price here.


8 comments:

  1. Hi Corrin, My canopy on the car seat broke and I need a new one. Where would I get a new one? karen at Marathon Clicktight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! But its actually illegal to add covers (after market products) to your seat and pop bits off it voids warranties :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does not void warranty to clip off the canopy. It's made to clip off so it can be washed. It clips togeather again

      Delete
  3. Thank you!! I need to wash mine for the next baby and I couldn't find how to take it off anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't listen to this fuckface. We broke our car seat like this. If you look closely on the underside of the black piece of the canopy you will see the clip that holds the canopy in place. The clip is NOT inside the black pieces that he is telling you to pop off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheesh. Lol give the guy a break at least they're helping some of us. I notice on the back side of the clip there's a void in the middle. If you use plyers to pinch that part while you pull, it pops right out (for those of you trying to wedge on the face of the clip so hard it busts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheesh. Lol give the guy a break at least they're helping some of us. I notice on the back side of the clip there's a void in the middle. If you use plyers to pinch that part while you pull, it pops right out (for those of you trying to wedge on the face of the clip so hard it busts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just going to say...while this post is older....I have searched high and low for instructions on getting the little piece out. A friend gave my daughter her carseat that is relatively new still and the canopy was not attached and I literally couldn't find anything that told me how to get the little plastic pieces out. I tried pliers and squeezing the clip because I too saw that there was a void and that made me think I could pinch it...didn't work for me. I knew if I broke them I could replace them as I found the replacement parts...Butterknife for the win! Canopy is now reattached and no broken parts! ;)

    ReplyDelete