Sunday, September 14, 2014

Paint Chips

Usually people use these things for selecting paint colors for their home, or a few pieces of furniture. And thanks to Pinterest, a whole slew of crafts can now be imagined or reimagined with them. 

A mixture of both is the reason I have so many. But tonight they served an even greater purpose. You see it's late here in the southern mid-west, and my LittleMiss was put to bed early so that she would stop being a cranky monster. Unfortunately my neighbor decided they wanted to do some yard work as the sun was setting, which did nothing to help the recently put to bed little baby or my sinus head ache. This absolutely did not help my already foul mood. 

Have you figured out how this story ends?

No? Okay, I'll fill you in. 

LittleMiss and I shared some almond-yogurt with fruit, finding ways to wear her out and make a few memories. One of our biggest accomplishments this month is walking, we're up to oh-gosh about 10steps before she falls on her bottom. I cheer her on with each boom, uh-oh, and owie. Amidst our living room tickles, adventures and giggles she found the paint chips mommy had had neatly packed away. 

Slowly she pulled a few out and put them away, sort of.
Then I pulled a few more out to show her the colors, and she put them where they had previously been. trying to coax her into having fun, I started spreading them out.

"Mom, mom what are you doing? You're making a mess."

Then I started getting a few giggles when I tossed them in the air. I wasn't getting the desired messy effect, so I started "makin' it rain".

That opened the flood gate of giggles.
So more of a mess had to be made, more colors explored.
I handed her a few cards and let her throw them. While it was indeed a dangerous act and I am surprised I survived with no battle wounds she had fun.

I coaxed her into crawling into my lap so that she could have more of a throwing range. A bit more dangerous for me, yet it gave me a beautiful closeness and a chance to take her hands to show the funnest way of dispersing the paint chips.


My Paint Chip Princess. 

Even though my neighbor originally {unintentionally} put me in a particularly furthered bad mood, my night ended well. It made me feel like a more accomplished mommy, spending time with LittleMiss, making her laugh with {I would like to think} a little bit of learning.

Yes there is a mess to clean, but it's the best mess I've had to clean yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment