Tuesday, November 17, 2015

All of your {littleness}

**
Sweet girl,
For the a few weeks, or months, you've been so frequently placing your tiny hand on my face at night as we lay in bed about to fall asleep. 
More often than not I swipe your hand away, pleading you to stop, then roughly informing you 'enough is enough'.

Yet today I realized something.

 (Even though you stubbornly wanted to wear the sweater your daddy brought you back home in (how could I say no, it looks so pretty on you), it is fantastic to watch your independence grow.)

I realized, that this is your way of doing so many things.
Of showing your love, of holding on to your mommy in such a crazy world, of reminding me mommy is your security blanket. You resting your hand on mommy, while it may not be an intentional reminder does remind me to slow down and enjoy you. 

You slept on me for four hours. 
I loved every second of it. It is tremendously, if not painfully, rare to get you to calm down, or slow down or be sweet for longer than two minutes. It's been so long since you simply fell asleep on me. It was fantastic watching your face as you dreamt. I love you more than you will ever know, and even though you won't see this for a several more years, when you do you won't remember these day, but I will. 


**This post was started on Monday, 9 November 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment