Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Birth Photography Journey

**aka pulling my hair out**
 
Thus far finding a photographer has been a huge pain in the butt!! Like I stated before, you can find a really good and cheap photographer on craigslist. I was severally annoyed by one photographer, was very close to having another lined up, and my third (but actually top choice) will be on vacation until two days after my due date. This whole process has been beyond frustrating for me.
With the first photographer I was very please how at how quickly and enthusiasticly they responded to my initial curiosity. Yes it was July 3rd that I first emailed them. The photographer informed me that once they returned home they would send me some samples of their work. On the morning of the 5th I emailed them asking not to forget to send pictures. Since they had not told me when they would return home, I didn't want them to forget and was only expecting a reply on status/or the photos either later that night or by Monday. The response was "These are a couple I have on my phone". While the pictures were done well, and I did like them, the lack of communication and eventual enthusiasm disappointed me.

If ever this photographer should read this, please understand that this is a very important day for me and any other expecting mom. It was nothing personal; simply informing me of the day that you would be home and able to send me a few more photos or even attempting to set up a day where we could meet to go over details would have gone a very long way. But instead when you became very upset with me for stating that "Because of lack of communication and enthusiasm I would be going with another photographer", it really hurt your reputation in my eyes.

With the second Craigslist photographer and I had good communication for the first few days. Then it came down to when they were available to meet so that we could go over details and finalize things. I was hoping to meet with them Monday of this week. I have heard nothing from them since Friday evening.

Then of course my top pick will be on vacation. Not to mention the VERY first two photographers who volunteered (on their own) to do my photography and I haven't been able to get a hold of.

Frustrating...
So very very frustrating.

I am actually praying, thinking about, and looking into becoming a birth photographer so that families in the area know that they have the option of one. You know how you don't even think twice about hiring a Wedding Photographer? I would love if it could soon become the same way with a Birth Photographer!

No comments:

Post a Comment