Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Free Tuesdays: Non Skid Socks







Non-Skid socks are so fun! Not to mention they can save you from falling on your butt, or save your little one! Many mommas suggest packing a pair or two in your hospital bag. They are great if you walk around, keeping you from (obviously falling) and from getting your feets extra dirty and cold.

You can buy some non-skid socks for pretty cheap, or if you are planning on only ever wearing them once you can make them for almost as cheap! For myself, to be safe, I'm only wearing the pair that is going to the hospital once. That's only because I plan on walking around, as much as possible. And if I keep the socks on, should I get cold, there is a possibility of fluid getting on them. For sanitary reasons I will be throwing away my hospital socks.

Items needed:
Socks (I used an old pair that I had, but buying a dollar store pair works great also)
Fabric Paint (Tulip , or any other gel-type of fabric paint)
Glass Jar or other round item


What you'll do:
Once you have your socks and paints picked out pull the socks over your glass jar. Make sure the jar won't stretch out the sock to where it is too big for your foot. I used a small skinny jar. Since my fabric paint is a few years old I ended up with a few places on my socks that looks like a huge mess.

Now just draw whatever patterns you want! Simple and easy! And fun!

I plan on making a few more of these just for the house, once SweetPea is older I'll see if she wants to help decorate socks too!


                 

No comments:

Post a Comment